Attorney Welsh is a senior associate at Schoonmaker, George & Blomberg, P.C., having joined the law firm in 2006. Attorney Welsh graduated with honors from the University of Connecticut School of Law in 2006. While in law school, she served on the Connecticut Law Review and recieved awards for excellence in Evidence and Civil Procedure.
Attorney Welsh handles complex divorce and family law actions involving significant assets and child custody issues. She also has significant experience drafting and negotiating premarital agreements. Attorney Welsh was recently selected to be in included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2015 (c) in the field of Family Law. She is also recognized by SuperLawyers Magazine as a Rising Star in the Field of Family Law for 2013-2014. The Connecticut Law Tribune recognized Attorney Welsh as a New Leader in the Law in 2012.
Attorney Welsh is an active member of the Connecticut Bar Association (CBA). In 2011, she was recognized as a Rising Star of the CBA Family Law Seciton. Attorney Welsh currently serves as the Treasurer of the CBA Young Lawyers Section Executive Committee, after having previously served on the CBA YLS Executive Committee as the Co-Chair of the Family Law Committee, Co-Director of Continuing Legal Education and Secretary. Attorney Welsh this past year served on the CBA's task force for Continuing Legal Education.
Attorney Welsh frequently speaks on issues related to Family Law for the CBA and has authored several publications in this field. She recently was the Co-Editor for the Connecticut Family Law Forms book published by the Connecticut Law Tribune. She also authored the article "Initial Client Interview" in the MCLE publication on Connecticut Family Law.
Attorney Welsh resides in Darien, Connecticut, with her Husband, Walter, and her children.
- Connecticut, 2006
- New York, 2009
- University of Delaware, B.A., honors degree with distinction, magna cum laude, 2003
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D. with honors, 2006
Honors & Awards
- Selected for the Connecticut Law Tribune's "New Leaders in the Law" 2012
- Connecticut Bar Association Young Lawyers Section Executive Committee, Star of the Year, 2012
- Connecticut Bar Association Young Lawyers Section Executive Committee, Star of the Year, 2011
- Connecticut Bar Association Family Law Section, Rising Star, Executive Committee Member, 2011
- Recipient of the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Evidence, 2005
- Recipient of the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Civil Procedure, 2003
Presentations and Publications
- Library of Connecticut Family Law Forms, Connecticut Law Tribune, Co-Editor, 2014
- Initial Client Meeting, MCLE, CT Family Law, January, 2014
- Family Law for Paralegals, NBI, November, 2013
- Introduction to Family Law: How to Effectively Argue Contempt and Modification Motions, NBI Advanced Family Law Seminar, March 14, 2013
- Introduciton to Family Law: Post Judgment Motions, Connecticut Bar Association, December 2012
- Organized and Hosted: Divorce and Discovery, Connecticut Bar Association, June 1, 2012
- Show Me the Money: Financial Side of Divorce, Connecticut Bar Association, May 23, 2012
- Introduction to Family Law: Connecticut Bar Association, February 16, 2012.
- Organized and hosted: Redefining Parenthood: Parenting Rights by Contract and the Impact of Raftopol v. Ramey, Connecticut Bar Association, March 31, 2011.
- Organized and hosted: Introduction to Family Law, Connecticut Bar Association, March 2, 2011.
- Organized and hosted: Preparing Your Client for a Child Custody Evaluation and Trial, Connecticut Bar Association, November 8, 2010.
Professional Association Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Member, 2006 to present
- Family Law Section, Executive Committee, 2011 to present
- Young Lawyers Section, Executive Committee, Co-Chair of Family Law Section, 2010 to 2012
- Young Lawyers Section, Executive Committee, Co-Director of Continuing Legal Education, 2012 to 2013
- Young Lawyers Section, Executive Committee, Secretary, 2013 to 2014
- Young Lawyers Section, Executive Committee, Treasurer, 2014 to present
- Fairfield Bar Association, Member and Young Lawyers Section Co-Chair